Before a user's permission can be set they must first have an account within Core Data. To create an account for a user, the institutional Data Manager must upload account information for the user through Data Management.
Once an account has been created for a user, a Site Administrator or Admin can then go to Users to search for a user by first and last name or by username to bring up their account. The Site Administrator or a user with permission level of Admin can then set permissions for the user as either an Admin, Creator or Viewer, see below for a description of each permission level.
- Has the ability to create data visualizations, dashboards, narratives and presentation decks.
- Can add additional users and manage existing user permissions.
- Can adjust the default visualization color palette.
- Can create and share custom Measures with other Insight users.
- Can share Dashboards, Narratives, and Measures decks with other users.
- Has the ability to create data Visualizations, Dashboards, and Narratives.
- Can share Dashboards and Narratives with other Insight users.
- These users will have view only access to content (Dashboards or Narratives) that has been shared with them.
- Does not have the ability to create or modify any content inside of Insight.